Client: The Kings FundStatus:
The King’s Fund is a health care charity located in a Grade II* listed building on Cavendish Square, London. The original part of the building was constructed in 1769, and since then it has been added to and modified on several occasions producing an interior layout that lacks continuity whilst being difficult to orientate.
The aim of the scheme was to internally reconfigure the ground floor of the building. Adding to the existing conference facilities with a new 200 seat auditorium designed to be flexible in order to accommodate The King’s Fund’s varying functions both during the day and more formal events in the evening.
In the oldest part of the building we relocated the information and library services, which extended over a series of rooms designed to move from a relaxed atmosphere into quiet study rooms as you progress through the space.
A new conservatory links the auditorium to the information and library services providing space for gathering and relaxed functions.
In addition to the ground floor, we refurbished their existing conference spaces in the Lower Ground and Second Floors.PhotographyTimothy SoarPublications
2009AJ Online - SAS International